column

Helen Rogers?

Home Forums Coffee Break Helen Rogers?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Does anyone have any knowledge of harpist Helen Rogers? I believe she was born about 1900 and passed away in the late 1980’s (maybe early 1990’s). I have her harp and I’m trying to research her. I know she played for Rodgers and Hammerstein, toured as a soloist, and toured with “Kryl and his Band.” Later in life she lived in California (maybe San Francisco). She never married and went by “Miss,” but I have one listing of her as “Miss Helen Rogers Hale.” If you have any information and would be willing to share it, I’d be extremely grateful. Thanks so much!
    Sincerely,
    Katie Lynch Koglin

lyn-boundy
    Participant

No information, I’m afraid, but it sounds like a fascinating projects you’ve given yourself and I just wanted to wish you good luck with it.

richard-hagan
    Participant

Hi Katie —

I was intrigued by your question. I went to google and searched on “helen rogers harp” and found some information.

Here is the link to a very nice article on her:

http://columbiaheartbeat.blogspot.com/2011/11/heavenly-gift-woman-takes-lifelong-love.html

I also found a photo off her but the site kept asking if I wanted to download the picture my mobile device and would not stop popping up the dialog window and I had to kill Windows Explorer. (So be warned…)

Regards, Richard

barbara-kraichy–2
    Participant

Helen Rogers lived in North Dakota. I knew her a little and saw her at Harp Conferences. Maybe this will help.

David Ice
    Participant

Helen Rodgers was just at our AHS meeting in Phoenix. She did live in Fargo, North Dakota. She’s nearly 90 or so now.

Thank you for your responses, but unfortunately, that’s a different Helen Rodgers. (No D in her name and she passed away in the 1980s).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.