harpcolumn

heartland carbon fiber harps???

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories heartland carbon fiber harps???

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rose-grotjan
    Participant

I am thinking about it… what do those of you who have played on say???

THANKS!

jessica-wolff
    Participant

I like the sound of their wooden harps better, but the light weight is a big plus, and so is the fact that you can leave them in the car without stressing them out. They are also very handsome, by which I mean the largest model.

tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

I’m on the verge of ordering the Infinity as a travel harp for my fishing boat and my classroom. I would also like to hear more from anyone who has one. I also play an L&H 85P, a Blevins Lyra 22, and an Aoyama 140.

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

I’ve played them at The Harp Gathering. I think the sound is very nice, and the light weight is amazing! If you don’t like the curved soundbox, Dave has a new model that is the traditional lever harp shape. If I did a lot of gigs, I’d have one for certain!

I got Delight in Jan 2011, and love it. I used it for hospital work originally, but now it is the only harp I take out. Everyone has been impressed with it, especially my harp friends. It has a brighter sound than wood, but the weight makes up for any small compromise in warmth. I have had no trouble adjusting to the curved soundboard,and go back and forth between harps without problems. I LOVE this harp

angel-tx
    Participant

I have a Delight with FC strings since January 2012 and am very happy with it.

The sound is bright and bell-like with a sweetness that calls to mind a young lady’s voice. The strings slant forward as the harp stands so the front needs to be propped up by about 7/8” for the strings to be perpendicular to the floor. I preferred the prop-up to just having it lean back on the shoulder and will be attaching rubber feet to avoid propping-up. The FC strings are very comfortable to play. One string slipped off after about 2 weeks and has stayed on since restringing.

Due to its light weight, I place my right foot on the harp’s right foot and left knee to the side of the soundboard to keep it stable while playing.

My Delight has the C&F color coded tuning pegs and they are indeed helpful. The coating on both the pegs and lever handles do chip off.

Overall appearance at a distance is beautiful with some minor cosmetic unevenness on the neck above the top of the soundboard. There is a small but visible gap on the side where these two pieces join together.

The best part is transportability! No dolly, no sweat, no worrying about humidity or when the 100+ degree weather comes.

linda-hamilton
    Participant

I have a Lyra 22 and really enjoy it for travelling. It was the smallest harp I could find with at least 22 strings. It sounds quite nice and is small enough to fit easily in overhead bins on airplanes. It’s also quite light. I added shoulder straps to the case and carry it as a backpack.

I’ve found the 22-strings to be a bit of a challenge of course — I find 26+ easier, but there’s no way I can get anything as small as a Lyra with 26 strings :-)

If you take it in a boat, you should be careful to dry the metal whenever it gets wet. I had some trouble with metal corrosion when I took it across the ocean and played outside with salt spray but have got it cleaned up. Next time I get it wet, I’ll definitely treat the metal better (I’d only been worried about the wood).

I also have a Delight carbon fiber harp and love it! The tone is wonderful and I find it easy to cart around. It took me a while to get comfortable with it since it doesn’t lean back (but then I was never that comfortable with the lean-back ones either) but it feels quite natural to me now. Mine is black and I love the way it looks.

Linda

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.