column

Harpsicle??

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Harpsicle??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sarah-welch
    Participant

I have been playing classical pedal harp for most of my life.

Kate Hopkins
    Participant

While I AM a beginner, and I apologize if what information I can share is of no interest for that reason alone…

I play a L&H troubadour IV, Nylon strung. I had seriously considered a Harpsicle because of the amount of travel I do and my desire not to be without my harp. The sound was richer then I had expected and had a fair projection. It was very light and portable and very reasonable priced, however, I disliked the Robinson levers, they were not comfortable. The tension was so light it reminded me of a Pakistani harp.

The tension is very light but it has a sweet sound if you can avoid overplaying it.

Alice Avery
    Participant

Hi, Sarah,

I’ve never played a Harpsicle, so I can’t give an opinion.

Seoid OC
    Participant

Hi Sarah,

I just want to echo Alice’s post – I also bought a Blevins Avee last year after considering the Harpsicle Grand for portability.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

I also have a BLevins Avee and although the tension is definitely lighter than a pedal harp, my teacher who is a VERY strong pedal harp player got a beautiful tone from my Avee and NO trouble with over pulling. Mine also came from the discounted list and with full Camac levers it was less than $2000.

Alice Avery
    Participant

Hi, Sarah,

Wanted to make a correction to my reply.

tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

I second the praise for the Blevins Lyra 22.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.