harpcolumn

Harpsicle??

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Harpsicle??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sarah-welch
    Participant

I have been playing classical pedal harp for most of my life.

Kate Hopkins
    Participant

While I AM a beginner, and I apologize if what information I can share is of no interest for that reason alone…

I play a L&H troubadour IV, Nylon strung. I had seriously considered a Harpsicle because of the amount of travel I do and my desire not to be without my harp. The sound was richer then I had expected and had a fair projection. It was very light and portable and very reasonable priced, however, I disliked the Robinson levers, they were not comfortable. The tension was so light it reminded me of a Pakistani harp.

The tension is very light but it has a sweet sound if you can avoid overplaying it.

Alice Avery
    Participant

Hi, Sarah,

I’ve never played a Harpsicle, so I can’t give an opinion.

Seoid OC
    Participant

Hi Sarah,

I just want to echo Alice’s post – I also bought a Blevins Avee last year after considering the Harpsicle Grand for portability.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

I also have a BLevins Avee and although the tension is definitely lighter than a pedal harp, my teacher who is a VERY strong pedal harp player got a beautiful tone from my Avee and NO trouble with over pulling. Mine also came from the discounted list and with full Camac levers it was less than $2000.

Alice Avery
    Participant

Hi, Sarah,

Wanted to make a correction to my reply.

tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

I second the praise for the Blevins Lyra 22.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies