harpcolumn

Harpmobile dies in deer strike; recommendations for replacements

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Harpmobile dies in deer strike; recommendations for replacements

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

My 2005 Ford Freestyle was hit by a deer.

Philippa mcauliffe
    Participant

Glad to hear you are OK.

Sid Humphreys
    Participant

Barb,

Sorry to hear about your car! I purchased a 2009 For Edge last year and it has been great for my LH 23. The Explorer was great too (used that for a rental) but it is higher and therefore more difficult to load the harp (I’m 5’6). Hope this helps.

Sid

sherry-lenox
    Participant

We have nothing but raves for the Ford Flex. They are a little more expensive than the Edge but very easy to load and off load. Gas mileage averages about 20-21.
    The Flex is lower than the Edge. Very secure ride. I hope you never have another match up of deer vs. car, but if it were to happen, the Flex would win.

harpglo-jean
    Participant

Love my ’09 Toyota Highlander..the seats fold down easily, and I can get all of my harp gear and then some, loaded into it…

harperboy Fuller
    Participant

Greetings…Sorry about your harpmobile and the deer…I drive a 2010 Mazda 5 Minivan (actually it is smaller on the outside than a minivan – so I call it a microvan) with six seats (4 of them flatten down) and lots of room for 3 passengers and my Merlin harp and a small amp…It is great on gas and makes me think I have a sports car sometimes…If you get the chance, take a look at one…Merry Christmas and Happy New Year…

emily-mcintyre
    Participant

Hi Barb. Sorry about your accident! I drive a Pontiac Vibe and for my lever floor harp it is perfect. I especially appreciate that the back seat folds down in two separate sections so I can easily wedge the harp and all my gear in.

I just got a beautiful Chrysler Town & Country van with “Stow & Go” seats. IT’S HEAVEN! The seats easily tuck into compartments so you have this massive space for all of your stuff but can quickly turn it back into a kidmobile. It also has passenger doors on each side. I LOVE IT!

kreig-kitts

Are you sure you didn’t hit Dean Winters? He’s been getting in a lot of accidents lately.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies