harpcolumn

harp/japanese scifi clip

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break harp/japanese scifi clip

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    adam-b-harris
    Participant

I’ve just put this up on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxGPIggMl0Q

Sarah Mullen
    Participant

Thanks for posting!

john-strand
    Participant
    Hi – loved your collage – I think I vaguely remember that film LOL – very nice blend of sound and I like the melodies you are using on the harp – also nice clean harp sound that almost sounds like an electric –

Adam, I love it!!!!!!!!! The music is great, and the video is hilarious! Thanks for sharing!

adam-b-harris
    Participant

Thanks Sarah, I’m pretty sure that MST3K was never shown in Australia, well not on free to air networks anyway. I have seen something similiar though. Pre internet days, studio execs would get on a plane to the US and spend a week in a hotel room video taping everything that looked popular. They would come back to Australia and a great new show

adam-b-harris
    Participant

Thanks John, I had quite a bit of difficulty getting the harp to sit in the mix. So I added a bit of a chorus effect and compressed it and used some brick wall limiting on the final mix. So thats probably why it sounds a little on the electric side.

It was an interesting experiment, but it made me realize why there isn’t a plethora of synth/techno harp performers around. It definately goes against the grain somehow.

adam-b-harris
    Participant

Glad you liked it Steven. I was concerned that it was a bit controversial as I’m not sure that there are many synth music fans here.

I could have used any three minutes of that movie, as he was doing all that stuff throughout. Fine little fellow but seems to have a thing about fighting, shooting, blowing things up and of course flying.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.