harpcolumn

Harpist in Provence or Sicily?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Teaching the Harp Harpist in Provence or Sicily?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    julia-schorn–2
    Participant

I am traveling to Provence, France (St. Remy) and Sicily, Italy (Agrigento) in July and would love to somehow get some practice time on a pedal harp, or have lessons from a harpist. (I am currently working on Saint-Saens Fantaisie, op. 95 and Handel (Grandjany) Prelude and Toccata). Anyone have any suggestions as to who I may contact or any ideas?

Can you look at a recent Directory of the American Harp Society? One of the benefits of being a national member of AHS is contact information for harpists from 20 foreign areas, who joined us!! Under France I see six names; under Italy, also six. Privacy means I cannot pass these on, but a harp teacher might let you copy down the contact information of those professional harpists who live near St Remy or Agrigento. Internet information will show you which ones are located near where you travel, and which are too far away. None are located directly in those two spots. Another option: type in Danielle Perrett in your search engine. She is a renowned British harpist who has adjudicated harpists for certification in levels of harp proficiency, for many years, all over the world in many countries, including various places in France and Italy. She could perhaps know of harp rentals and teachers in your preferred areas. Good luck!

Alison
    Participant

Look for Summer schools in Nice or Italy or contact Elibath Fontan Binoche privately.

julia-schorn–2
    Participant

Thank you so much for your suggestion!! I’ll be sure to look in the directory. I really appreciate it!

julia-schorn–2
    Participant

And thank you for the summer school advice! I’ll look into that. Thank you, your help is invaluable!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.