harpcolumn

Harping on my cheap Casio

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Harping on my cheap Casio

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hearpe
    Participant

A little Celtic tune I came up with and put some pictures with-
    3 tracks- two with harp, and one synth strings I think
    The harp voice sounds more realistic in the lower ranges, and celesta-like too much up high.

Oh well, it’s an old WK-1200 I got used for $40 recently- I got one new back in the 90’s, lost it in a flood a dozen years back, and finally got to replace it via Marketplace.

The photos are just snaps I took the past couple of years. Wow, those were the days, huh?

I’m also practicing the tune on a real harp a bit. Spread too thin on instruments!

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

This is a well-done, enjoyable video. Wonderful photos. Appreciate your sharing the clip.

hearpe
    Participant

Thank you Gretchen-

It just dawned on me- the old keyboard has a crude synth function, and if I cut down the release time of the tones in the higher range- the first track I recorded- it would probably sound more harp realistic- the high notes ring on too long. It doesn’t seem inappropriate in the lower ranges- my second track.

I’m giving some time lately to better learning my newer board- a WK-6600, I’ve had for three years. The voices are much more realistic already and more control over tome editing- it records and mixes 16 tracks (don’t think I’d ever use more than 3 or 4 though, as compared to the 5 on the 90’s board) and it stores 5 songs- or works in progress- as opposed to the 2 the old one does.

The technology is cutting into my practice as much as being spread too thin on too many instruments, and I can’t seem to either shut up on computer or wasting time looking at stuff I don’t much intend to buy.

Then there’s the beach partially re-opened, and summertime. have a good one.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.