Harp tuner recommendations

• Participant
    elena-k-pohl on #74521

Can anyone recommend a great tuner?

Participant
    darth-mom on #74522

Hi Elena,
    Check out Turbo Tuners from Sonic Research.

Sam Karlinski on #74523

Elena,

Do you use a tuning wire? Use of a wire should eliminate your tuner’s hearing problem.

If you are curius,

Participant
    joan-steinberg on #74524

What is a tuning wire?

Sam Karlinski on #74525

Yes, tuning wire=tuning pick up.

Participant
    laura-palmieri on #74526

I have a Korg Orchestra Tuner that works pretty well. I paid around $90.00 dollars for it. The tuner pickups that they sell in the harp store have never worked for me. My teacher uses a guitar tuner pickup that she sticks onto the soundboard that gets the job done well.

Participant
    Saul Davis Zlatkovski on #74527

I also use the Korg Orchestra tuner, and like it quite well. The only drawback is that the speaker is in the back, so if it is on your stand facing you, and you want to tune to its pitch, it is muffled. Korgs are always good for producing a pitch that is easy to tune to, and it meters all the strings, though you may have to move the pick-up. It doesn’t come with an adapter, which is worth paying for, as batteries only last about 3 months. I do not use a suction cup pick-up on my sounding board, it leaves a mark.

Participant
    rosalind-beck on #74528

I love my Seiko ST-909.

Participant
    sheila-tschinkel on #74529

This reply is more of a question. I have the Sabine tuner and bought a pick up mike or whatever it is called. Now, I cannot figure out how to use it. Can anyone describe this? Thank you.

Participant
    barbara-brundage on #74530

Stick it into the Input jack, clip it onto your harp (a rib works great on a L&H, but wooden ribs are often too thick, so you can clip to the edge of a sound hole or even to a tuning pin), and tune away.

Participant
    sheila-tschinkel on #74531

Thanks. Worked fine.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.