harpcolumn

Harp tuner recommendations

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Harp tuner recommendations

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    elena-k-pohl
    Participant

Can anyone recommend a great tuner?

darth-mom
    Participant

Hi Elena,
    Check out Turbo Tuners from Sonic Research.

Sam Karlinski
    Participant

Elena,

Do you use a tuning wire? Use of a wire should eliminate your tuner’s hearing problem.

If you are curius,

joan-steinberg
    Participant

What is a tuning wire?

Sam Karlinski
    Participant

Yes, tuning wire=tuning pick up.

laura-palmieri
    Participant

I have a Korg Orchestra Tuner that works pretty well. I paid around $90.00 dollars for it. The tuner pickups that they sell in the harp store have never worked for me. My teacher uses a guitar tuner pickup that she sticks onto the soundboard that gets the job done well.

I also use the Korg Orchestra tuner, and like it quite well. The only drawback is that the speaker is in the back, so if it is on your stand facing you, and you want to tune to its pitch, it is muffled. Korgs are always good for producing a pitch that is easy to tune to, and it meters all the strings, though you may have to move the pick-up. It doesn’t come with an adapter, which is worth paying for, as batteries only last about 3 months. I do not use a suction cup pick-up on my sounding board, it leaves a mark.

rosalind-beck
    Participant

I love my Seiko ST-909.

sheila-tschinkel
    Participant

This reply is more of a question. I have the Sabine tuner and bought a pick up mike or whatever it is called. Now, I cannot figure out how to use it. Can anyone describe this? Thank you.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Stick it into the Input jack, clip it onto your harp (a rib works great on a L&H, but wooden ribs are often too thick, so you can clip to the edge of a sound hole or even to a tuning pin), and tune away.

sheila-tschinkel
    Participant

Thanks. Worked fine.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.