harpcolumn

Harp tuner recommendation

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Harp tuner recommendation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Victoria
    Participant

Hi everyone, I need some advice on choosing a good tuner. I am currently using a Korg Dolcetto clip on tuner and I found it to be absolutely useless when I get to the 1st octave and above.

Any recommendation is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance for your help 🙂

catherine-rogers
    Participant

I use the Peterson VS-II Virtual Strobe Tuner. Had it for years and it’s great. I do plug it into my harp’s speaker output jack, but you can use a clip-on pick-up. Has a quarter-inch jack input.

hearpe
    Participant

I have both a Korg hand held tuner and a cheap similar one I got on bay for about five dollars-

Both work well and cover all the strings on my harps up to 34 Mikel Celtic.
    They start to fail the upper ranges of my piano though, so I have to match octave tones.

charles-nix
    Participant

You may find lots of info on this in a recent thread on tuning: https://harpcolumn.com/forums/topic/tuning-by-ear-vs-electronic-tuner/

I also use Peterson, mostly the StroboPlus. Also use VS-1, 450 and 590, and the StroboPlus app for the iPhone, and a bunch of Korgs, etc. Needing an external microphone is almost universal for accurately sensing the upper notes though friends who have the iPhone apps (both Peterson and ClearTune) do pretty well with that one built in mic.

Charles Nix

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies