column

Harp Transportation?

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Harp Transportation?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    erika-yi
    Participant

Hi! I’m a student harpist and I will be playing for my school’s orchestra at Disneyland. The problem is Disneyland doesn’t let us personally bring in instruments because of a security reason. I am required to put it in a moving truck, along with the other instruments. For the people who have transported their harps via truck – How will that work? Will it be safe enough? Thank you!

Claire
    Participant

Tacye
    Participant

I have had my harp move in an orchestral truck fine – but it depends on the truck and the people loading. Have they moved a harp before? I imagine this won’t be the first harp inside Disneyland.

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Erika,

You did not say where you live but I am presuming you are in California. Salvi Harps is based in the LA area. Perhaps you could contact the manager and inquire about borrowing a harp trunk or buy/borrow/rent a shipping box to protect your harp. You could also get guidance on properly transporting your harp in a truck. When I shipped my harp, I made sure it was strapped inside the truck to prevent it from sliding around. I had a metal case for it. However, my new harp arrived in a huge cardboard box which the kids down the street turned into a fort.

corie-crabtree
    Participant

I actually just saw a video on this on you tube so I will include the link. You can buy a harp sized moving box from Lyon and Healy that includes all the foam and padding that you need to keep it protected. Perhaps Salvi has the same thing and you can save on shipping. http://us.harp.com/info/products/pact_show/id_19395758/ this links to the moving box and foam insulation. Here’s the link to how to pack it up. Good luck:) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_yha672EG8

erika-yi
    Participant

I’m not sure if they’ve moved a harp before, but I know that they’ve moved double basses! And thank you everyone for your replies! (=

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.