harpcolumn

Harp transport wihout a case?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Performing Harp transport wihout a case?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ninana-b
    Participant

Hello dear harpists,

I am a harpist from Europe and I have an opportunity to play in Asia in a Hotel, but I should bring my own harp there. And I do not own a harp transport case.Did any of you transport a harp in a plane without a case? is there another way to transport her in a plane? Or is there some possibility to borrow a harp case?
    So I hope some of you can help me with some ideas, because I REALLY need this job!
    thank you so much!

Tacye
    Participant

Hire a case. I believe both Pilgrim Harps and Munsons in the UK have pedal harp cases they will hire, and assume they are not unique. A few individual harpists have them too, but it will take a lot of asking around to find one.

Carlin
    Participant

Are there any harps you can rent in the country you’ll be playing? It just seems such a long way to transport your harp all the way from Europe.

A suggestion: Once you rent or borrow or purchase a transport case for your harp, place a simple cloth fitted cover over your harp before loading it into the case. You could easily sew this yourself, and that extra bit of protection is necessary whether the harp goes by air or by sea to its new destination.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies