harpcolumn

Harp Table To Raise Harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Harp Table To Raise Harp

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jzydek
    Participant

About 13 years ago when I bought my Celtic harp, I found it too low to play comfortably for long periods of time. I found this nifty little hand-made wooden table to set the harp on with adjustable feet on folding legs. It’s solid wood with a leather top. It worked great. I now have no idea where I got it, but a friend just bought a Celtic harp and is having the same problem. I would like to refer her to the site where I found it, but I have no idea who made it. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Does anyone know who makes/made these things?

Thanks for an info,

Briggsie

harpist123
    Participant

I don’t know where or who would make this item for you, but I wanted to share how I handled it…I used to have a Blevins Espre 36 lever harp which was also sat too low for me. So I had my husband build me a square platform of wood which we stained cherry to match my harp. It was enclosed on 5 sides (top, and all 4 sides) and left open on bottom so I could just carry it easily by holding one of the sides. I figured out how high I needed the sides to make it the right height for playing my harp comfortably. Received mega compliments on it. You could find someone who could put one together for you (that is, cutting all 5 pieces of wood and using finishing nails to tack it all together. Then all you do is gently sand it down and stain it with a urethane stain of your choice to match or offset your harp color. You could even put a piece of leather on the top and either glue it or tack it on with pretty upholstery tacks…Hope this helps. Just don’t make it too heavy, ’cause that’s just one more thing you will have to carry with you if you travel.

jzydek
    Participant

Thank you for responding. My student’s husband offered to make her something, but she said “There are woodworkers and then there are woodworkers…..” if you catch my drift. 🙂

balfour-knight
    Participant

Hi Briggsie,

That was a good response from Harpist 123 above, and I have another idea:

Have you checked with Miles Kimball? In their current catalog, Feb. 2021, there is one on P. 58 called “outdoor step” No. 338119, that looks good. It measures l9 1/4″ L x 15 1/2″ W x 4″ H and supports up to 440 lbs. The price is just $29.99 and it is made of durable plastic with a grooved surface for slip-resistant safety. You may also find other options available from this company.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Balfour

jzydek
    Participant

Wow! That is an awesome idea. I just sent the link for the step to my student. Thank you so much.

jzydek
    Participant

Balfour,

And that made me think to go to Amazon and put in “mobility step” and omg the things that popped up — awesome choices. Thanks again.

balfour-knight
    Participant

You are so welcome! I am so glad that I could help. That was so smart of you to go to Amazon with “mobility step” and get awesome results!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.