harpcolumn

Harp Sighting

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Harp Sighting

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anna
    Participant

Happy New year, all!
    I just watched the movie “Red Notice” and saw a lovely pedal harp. I think it may have been a Salvi, not sure. Is it just me, or does anyone else get excited when there is a harp in movies?

balfour-knight
    Participant

We love to see harps in movies! We just saw one in an old Poirot episode!

Happy New Year,
    Balfour and Carol Lynn

Anna
    Participant

I haven’t seen that. I love to find them, too! Every time there is a fancy scene with a ball or dancing guests, I hope there is one. 🙂

balfour-knight
    Participant

Hello Anna,

There was also a harp in one of the Christmas Carol (Dickens) movies we watched this season! We watched several versions, so I’m not sure which one, but you can watch for it.

We are enjoying the snow we got last night here in the mountains of western North Carolina, on this, the 10th Day of Christmas! It is so beautiful!

Best to you,
    Balfour

Molly
    Participant

I recently saw a harp in one of the earlier episodes of “The Nanny”! I was disappointed to see that the actor wasn’t actually playing it, bummer!! But it was still cool to see one 🙂

Anna
    Participant

Isn’t that a shame? The acting gig could have actually gone to a real harpist.. oh well. I know Amy in Big bang theory also played one.

Molly
    Participant

Seriously! Having a little bit of film acting experience, maybe actual harp playing would have been too distracting since it was meant to be background? Who knows. I could definitely tell that the actor had no experience though 🙁 Such a bummer to not see it at least pretending to be playing correctly, LOL.

I never saw Big Bang but now I will have to check it out!

dancingpiper
    Participant

There is a website, Bagpipes Go To the Movies, that lists a vast number of movies that include bagpipes in some way: actually played, in the background, in the sound track. I’ve wondered if there is one for harps as well. It’s surprising how often harps appear in cinema.

dancingpiper
    Participant

My husband and I got A Fine Madness and The Four Daughters from the library. We haven’t watched the second one yet (will do that this evening with popcorn and ice cream :-D) but watched the first one last week. While Sean Connery did his usual excellent job of acting, the story just didn’t grab me. I admit to having limited (no) tolerance for folks getting away with poor behavior. The harping, however, was enjoyable and it’s always lovely just looking at the lines of a nice harp; that’s what kept me from leaving the room to go do something else (like play my harp). The Daughters movie blurb looks a lot more promising.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.