harpcolumn

Harp shipping question

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Harp shipping question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Victoria
    Participant

First of all, I am sorry if this is a silly question. So a friend of mine just bought a new pedal harp and she is planning on sending it to her hometown.

The question is would it be fine if the shipper happen to load the box containing the harp sideways, or does it have to be upright all the time during transit? The harp is brand new so it is still in the original box from LH.

Thank you in advance

JackieHarpFan
    Participant

Victoria,
    I would not take a chance on damaging the harp by transporting the crate on it’s side. She could call Lyon and Healy and ask them.
    Hope this helps,
    Jackie

It should be okay in the shipping box on its side. You cannot control how a shipper handles it unless it is contracted. I believe Lyon & Healy marks the boxes with “this end up.” What is most important is how the box is handled, and not dropped. The truckers use local people oftentimes to transfer to the local delivery, and they can be the problem. You have to inspect the harp for damage immediately, as you have a limited time to file a claim, possibly as little as two weeks. The harps are very well padded in those boxes, better than in trunks.

Sylvia
    Participant

I have transported my harp on its side for decades….every time I go out to a job.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies