harpcolumn

Harp notations

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Harp notations

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    daniele-di
    Participant

Hi all, a dear friend of mine is studying the “Danses d’automne” from Bernard Andrès.
    There are some notations that we cannot understand, like “P. N.” and “A T° “
    Does anyone know what those means?

Thank you

Daniele

cc-chiu

I don’t know what P.N. means, but A T0 means that you return to the first tempo. Usually, there’s first an ‘en retenant’ or another tempo change and then you switch back to the tempo as it was played at the beginning of the piece. (is tempo an English word by the way? I hope so 🙂 )

Lynne Abbey-Lee
    Participant

P.N. means to return to “normal position” (my French is terrible, so I’ll stick to English!), and often comes after playing close to the sounding board or lower on the strings. And CT, yes, tempo is commonly used in English!

daniele-di
    Participant

Thank you very much to both of you!! mystery solved

Tacye
    Participant

Hi Daniele, look here for all your Andres notation needs: http://hornandharp.com/publications/andresProject.html

kimberly-rowe
    Keymaster

Hi all: just a reminder to tag pieces like @[[danses-d-automne:Piece:Danses d’automne (Andres, Bernard)]] in forum posts so the thread will become attached to the piece, in case anyone else has the same questions down the road!

To tag, type the @ symbol followed by the name of the piece, then select it in the list that appears. If it doesn’t appear, you’ll need to enter it in the library. We’re working on making all of this much simpler, but it’s a really cool feature of the site so we hope you’ll give it a try :-).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics