harpcolumn

Harp Mobile/Harp Car HELP!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Harp Mobile/Harp Car HELP!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rebecca-cieply–2
    Participant

I am going to be a freshman in college this fall and I need to buy a car to fit my 85CG. I can’t afford a new car, my price range is very low ($5,000 or less…preferable less)!

I have found a Hyundai Santa Fe 2002 which I think will be big enough but it is a 2 hr drive away and I would like to know if anyone has had any experience with this car?

Can you recommend a good harp transport vehicle that is affordable?

Thanks in advance!

~Rebecca

Angela Biggs

Rebecca,

For more money, I’m partial to the VW Sportwagen. However, like you, my budget was much smaller than that. Hubby and I purchased a 2006 Pontiac Vibe last fall. It fits my 52″ lever harp in the back seat, with plenty of room for an 70 pound dog in the way-back.

The back seat folds down flat, so you may be able to fit a pedal harp in that car. We paid $7000 for a Vibe with 106k miles; I suspect we could have gotten one in similar condition for less if we didn’t just want to get the car shopping thing over with ASAP.

GM shut down its Pontiac division, but the Vibe is well-known to be a Toyota Matrix with a different name slapped on it. Parts and repairs are still easy and affordable to obtain from your local repair man or from Toyota (if you let dealers near your cars. We don’t 🙂 ).

Good luck with your search!

rebecca-cieply–2
    Participant

Angela,

Thank you for your reply! you are right, the Vibe looks almost identical to the Matrix. It looks like a great car, I’m going to check it out.

What kind of dog do you have? I have a Siberian Husky, her name is Dakota!

Thanks!

barbara-brundage
    Participant

If you do a google search for Matrix for this site, you’ll find a number of threads about the Matrix as a harpmobile.

Angela Biggs

Happy to help! 🙂

He’s a mutt – the shelter told us his mom was a black lab, but he manifests in appearance and temperament as 100% black-and-tan coonhound. I specifically didn’t want a hound, so the joke was on me! lol

rod-wagoner
    Participant

Dodge Caravan … you can get them very reasonably and they’re not too huge for normal use.

elizabeth-ann
    Participant

I am also headed to college in the fall and looking for an affordable harp car. I need to find something that is all wheel drive/4 wheel drive that is also large enough to accommodate a pedal harp.

I’m considering a Subaru Outback. I know that the newer models (2005-present) have more cargo space. Does anyone have harp moving experience with this car?

Elizabeth

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies