harpcolumn

harp lights

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Performing harp lights

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hello all,

I have a really important gig lined up in September at one of the local resorts. The lighting may be somewhat dim but not completely dark; nevertheless, I suspect that it will still be difficult to see my strings. What is the name of the company that sells lights that go under the neck of the harp in order to illuminate the strings? If you’ve used these in the past, do they work well?

Thanks for your help!

Donna O
    Participant

Jerusha,
    Those lights are available from musicmakers http://www.harpkit.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MK&Product_Code=ledset&Category_Code=.
    Hope this is what you are looking for. While I have not used them myself, I saw them in use on Kim Robertson’s harp and they seemed to do a good job.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Thank you, Donna!

RGBrown
    Participant

The string light solves your lighting needs and also accentuates the graceful curves of your harp.

Lighting is so important for harpists! Ideally, there should be light focused from the side so that it illuminates the strings, and some focused on the music from a different angle. If you have a steady gig, it is worth the effort to ask the venue to have your lighting adjusted in this way, so that you don’t have to re-invent the wheel every time you go.

How did it go, Jerusha? Did you end up using harp lights or find another lighting solution?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies