column

Harp for Anxiety and Stress

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Harp for Anxiety and Stress

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nikki Kaska
    Participant

I’m seeing a therapist for anxiety and stress which in consequently causing high blood pressure at age 24!!! She asked me in my last session if there is anything I can do at home with my hands. I then revealed that I used to play the harp and take lessons but had to sell my harp in college because of financial reasons :-( I told her I think about playing again everyday, but financial issues are the cause of most of my stress! She told me she thinks playing again is a fantastic idea and could really help me.

Any suggestions on options?

harpglo-jean
    Participant

What about renting a harp for awhile?..Harp Connection (www.harpconnection.com) has many harps for rent, and I just saw a 34 string Ogden for only $50/mo., and 4 months of that rental fee can be applied to the purchase, if you wanted to do that.

deb-l
    Participant

hi Nikki, I play the harp for self-therapy too.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Hi Nikki- What kind of harp did you play in college? There are lots of opportunities for playing that are relatively reasonable, unless your heart is set on one specific sort of harp.

Nikki Kaska
    Participant

Thank you everyone for the wonderful suggestions. I’ve been thinking about rent-to-own and have looked into Harps International, I just wanted to see what all my options were.

Dessye Dee Clark
    Participant

I hope you’ve found a harp to play.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.