harpcolumn

Harp Crown to fit Gilligan

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Harp Crown to fit Gilligan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Owosso Harpist
    Participant

Hi there. Even after I rented Gilligan, my Venus Classic harp, I’m still being fussy over what I really want for a harp. One major want for a harp is a gold crown on top of the pillar. I know it’s the most striking part of the harp and one of the major parts of the harp I go ga ga over when I look at a harp in books and stuff. Now when I visited Valkyrie Cordes site, I notice there is a gold crown being sold for $200 for Venus Harps. Could it fit Gilligan? I would like to know because rather than go renting another harp with a crown on top to play music on alongside Gilligan, I can give Gilligan just a gold crown to wear on his head, instead. Perhaps I’ll feel much better about what I want out of a harp and not have to fuss about it much.

Gilligan’s top head is a little over 5 inches in diameter and is dome shaped. Is the crown you sell fit Gilligan’s head? Is it dome shaped in the inner surface of the crown or is it flat? Can the Lyon & Healy crowns that are 5ft in diameter fit Gilligan, too? I would like to know.

kay-lister

Sherry,

I would NOT make any changes to this harp since it is rented.

Kay

Donna O
    Participant

Sherry,
    The Lyon Healy crown is flat bottomed and will not fit on a domed top.

Owosso Harpist
    Participant

You’re right. I’ll leave him alone as he is until I can afford to either buy him or go out and buy a harp of my own. Thanks for your imput guys.

Evelyn Tournquist
    Participant

I’ve seen a Venus Classic with a gold crown before and I have to say it looked pretty bad. That column is not designed for a crown.

Instead of spending money fixing this harp and trying to add things to it, why don’t you just put your money toward a new instrument. The Venus website has some wonderful bargains on brand new instruments. Did you see the Seraphim which starts at under $10K?.

Owosso Harpist
    Participant

Yes, I have. In fact many harps Venus Harps sells I’ve seen costs under $16,000 including the Venus Encore. That instrument have kept me drooling to want one for a long time for it reminded me of the Lyon & Healy style 15 harps that are almost made in the same format as the Encore. I would rather buy a brand new Encore than go rent an old beat-up harp that needs fixin’ to be honest with you. It’ll indeed be a delight to invest in buying a brand new harp rather than a used one. That way I will never have to waste money fixing and adding on to the harp while I can just enjoy the Encore harp as it is– with a crown on top.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.