harpcolumn

Harp Clothing

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Harp Clothing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    harpist123
    Participant

I wonder if anyone else has encountered this: squeaky sound of clothing rubbing harp at shoulder. It doesn’t seem to matter what I wear…it happens. It’s okay if you are playing background music, as the environment is typically a bit noisy. But my home is SO quiet that it can literally drive me crazy! It is of no consequence as to the type of fabric. FYI: Happens with my Pratt Chamber Harp and my Triplett Eclipse…Thoughts???

charles-nix
    Participant

In my industry, when we hear “squeak,” we think “stick-slip-stick-slip-stick-slip” happening very fast. I would try Johnson’s paste wax on that area of the wood, followed by buffing with a soft cloth. Do not get it near the levers nor near any brass parts. Some paste car waxes might also work, but they typically have a polishing agent, and often silicone. You don’t want those on your finish. Unless you are sure you’re getting only wax, I would stick with Johnson’s.

No matter what, it won’t hurt anything to try.

harpist123
    Participant

YES, CHARLES! You got the “squeek” description exactly right! I will have to pick up some Johnson’s, as I don’t have any on hand, and will try it. Thank you for your quick reply!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies