harpcolumn

harp carts/dollys

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists harp carts/dollys

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Yes, carts are great for one person! There are so many different carts available now, and most of them are really good. I use a standard 2-wheel cart just for getting the harp around.

I also have a six-wheel dolly designed for stair use. It is great for curbs and short flights of steps, but for a large flight of steps you are still pulling the entire weight of the harp and I find it a little scary. I prefer to take the harp off the dolly and have someone help me carry it up large flights. I’m not very strong and some of my friends can handle large flights fine, so I think a lot just depends on you.

unknown-user
    Participant

I’m looking for recommendations/information about buying/using a harp
    cart.

unknown-user
    Participant

I have a Vanderbuilt 2-wheel cart.

unknown-user
    Participant

I am very happy with my Lyon & Healy cart.

unknown-user
    Participant

I ALSO HAVE THE LYON AND HEALY DOLLY..I ASSUME YOU ARE USING A PEDAL HARP? THIS DOLLY IS LIGHT ENOUGHT TO PICK UP AND PUT IN YOUR CAR WITHOUT HURTING YOUR BACK..EASY TO PULL OR PUSH WITH ONE HAND, BUT I AGREE ON THE STAIRS ISSUR..IT JUST BUMPS THE HARP TO TRY TO PULL UP OR LIFT DOWN STAIRS. TWO PEOPLE ARE A MUST..PRAY FOR GIGS WITH ELEVATORS!

unknown-user
    Participant

i’m also looking for a harp cart- i have a lyon and healy style 22 – does anyone know anything about the salvi harp cart – or a harp that has special extensions over the wheels to protect the harp cover? i would like a dolly that is like the lyon and healy one but with the harp cover protectors – any suggestions?

unknown-user
    Participant

I use a 2-wheel harp cart with ‘stair crawlers’. The crawlers are a must for stairs, as they don’t let the harp bump; you just need to go slowly and let the crawlers do the work. I do feel more secure, however, if another person follows with one hand on the forepost, especially when descending.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi:

unknown-user
    Participant

Hello.

tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

I just received my 6 wheel harp cart from K2 Harp Caddy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies