column

Harp camps??

Home Forums Teaching the Harp Harp camps??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    elena-k-pohl
    Participant

Can anyone recommend a good harp camp for the summer of 2008?

I keep forgetting the exact name, but the Rocky Mountain Summer Music Camp may be the perfect place. Did you look at Brevard and Eastern Music Festival?

joann-buice
    Participant

What about the camp at Rabun Gap, GA?

If you’re student is a folk harp student, I don’t think Brevard or another orchestral camp would be the place as they are mostly for pedal harp students.

HBrock25
    Keymaster

Hello, my summer harp course in Pacific Palisades is great for students this age. All the students are harpists and it is non-competitive.

Her mother would be very welcome as we have lots of mothers attend with their daughters. We occupy a Methodist ministries retreat facility near the beach in Pacific Palisades (Los Angeles) California.

We offer yoga for harpists, theory for harpists, ensemble work, jazz and classical studies, as well as recreational events around our center.

For further information see

http://www.summerharpcourse.com

or email me

susie@calarts.edu

If you like I can send you or your student a brochure in the mail. Please email me an address. thanks,

Susie Allen

It’s great to see we have lots of choices. One more classic: Interlochen. I’m sure many or most of these programs will take a student who only wants lessons.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.