harpcolumn

Harp buzz =(

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Harp buzz =(

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Hey Everyone! I’m a newer member too harpcolumn. I need some help though! I have a very beautiful bubinga floor lever harp. The third octave D and the fourth octave B, when plucked, creates a buzzing noise, coming out of, who knows where! Sooo far, i’ve checked the string, levers, string in the soundbox, bridgepin, gold round ring where the string comes out of the soundbox, the feet, and random joints of the harp. Any ideas of where its coming from???? ONLY those two strings make something buzz. I’ve also checked for things in the room that could’ve been buzzing as well. I could swear that I hear it from the joint where the neck is connected too the top of the soundbox, but can anything be done?? The harp is just stunning, but that buzz is annoying. LOL

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Just a question…does the buzz go away if you pluck the string differently?

When I first got my Ravenna, I thought there was a buzz in my bottom D, but the problem was actually with my plucking style (and apparently the angle at which my finger was hitting that particular string)…as my technique got better, the buzz went away.

Failing that, it might be a good idea to take the instrument to someone with experience building and repairing harps.

Who is the maker of your harp?

Leigh Griffith
    Participant

I could swear that I hear it from the joint where the neck is connected too the top of the soundbox, but can anything be done??

You may have just got it! I have a walnut lap harp that was only
    buzzing in my lowest C and E, but it was driving me crazy! It turned
    out to be the 2

unknown-user
    Participant

My harp is a Dave Fields harp. He handcrafts harps here in New Jersey, and is probably the only one left here who does. And! The bolts in the neck of the harp might be it!!! I put my ear up too it, and I hear it! =O

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Topics