harpcolumn

Harp at a Liberal Arts College

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Young Harpists Harp at a Liberal Arts College

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

I am a junior in high school and am looking at colleges with harp
    teachers.

Dear Molly, I teach at Furman University, a liberal arts college in Greenville, SC. Keith Lockhart, Boston Pops conductor, graduated there in 1981 and returns regularly to present seminars. Furman offers orchestra, chamber music, chorus and band if you wish, as well as a challenging academic environment.
    My undergraduate training was at Furman with Marjorie Tyre, a wonderful Salzedo protegee. My graduate work was at Yale with Gloria Agostini, one of Grandjany’s cherished pupils, and I studied after Yale at London’s Royal College of Music with Marisa Robles.
    Choosing a teacher is a great joy. Having an introductory lesson is often helpful.

unknown-user
    Participant

Resource list of colleges and universities with harp programs with links to the school web site.
    http://www.harpmall.com/colleges_and_universities.htm

unknown-user
    Participant

Molly, I applaud your decision to double major in math and music! I think it is a wonderful combination! I’m going to try to tackle physics and music myself. It’s a challenge, but it keeps your education well rounded and also broadens your horizons. I wish you the best of luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.