harpcolumn

Harp and Viola Duets

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Young Harpists Harp and Viola Duets

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    william-nichols
    Participant

Hi,

I was wondering. Are there any duets out there for harp and viola. I need one that is manageable, but not too easy. It can’t have too many sharps or flats because Im not planing on using my pedal harp for it, but it can have a few.

Thank you for your help. Will.

Will, Any viola and harp duets up through 1965 are listed in Margaret Farish’s book: String Music in Print, published by R.R.Bowker Company, New York. Large libraries would have this, and most music conservatories in the U.S. Only two duets are listed, however; one by Arnold Bax and one by Quincy Porter! However, in the same volume, eighteen pages of viola and piano

Just remembered another good source of viola music of all kinds: The Viola, a Complete Guide for Teachers and Students, by Henry Barrett.

Your best source is lyramusic.com. Just look through their strings and harp section. There are more than just those two works Pat mentions, though perhaps not a lot of easy ones. You can play the continuo part for many baroque pieces.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Topics