harpcolumn

Harp and Trumpet

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Harp and Trumpet

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kirsten-osborne
    Participant

I am just wondering if anyone knows of some good music written for trumpet and harp? My husband is a trumpet player and we would love to play together more. The only music we have found is Damase Adage. Thanks!

In Omaha we have a husband/wife team of symphony musicians who play trumpet and harp together.

barbara-fackler
    Participant

Alishia Joubert used to work with a trumpet. You could contact her for advice too: http://www.alishiaharp.com/

adam-b-harris
    Participant

Kirsten,

Probably somebody is going to have a go at me for saying this, but have you looked at getting something like the Akai EWI. It is a midi breath controller that can run sound samples from a laptop computer. It has an option for it to be used with trumpet fingering. So you can play pretty much any sound from a software sampler or synthesizer with it. It comes with a sound library from Garritan with a few usuable sounds. US $299 or less if you shop around. Then you need a PC and probably an amplifier of some kind…..

Just might broaden your options.

cheers Adam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Topics