Harp and Marimba Duo

• Participant
    jessica-brizuela on #150783

I was wondering if there have been any publications of harp and marimba duo music. If so, where could I find it?

Participant
    Misty Harrison on #150784

If you google it a lot comes up. Also there’s a CD available through harp.com I think and also harpcenter.com called arpamarimba that’s a German duo (mother and daughter).

Participant
    melissa-gallant on #150787

I play with a wind ensemble fairly often and would appreciate seeing the rest of your list. How may I get it? … Thanks!

Participant
    Saul Davis Zlatkovski on #150788

The American Wind Symphony Orchestra toured (or tours) the American waterways giving concerts every summer, or did, and always took a harpist along, and I believe they commissioned a piece every year or just every so often for harp and wind orchestra (band).

Participant
    Elizabeth Volpé Bligh on #150789

Geoff Bergler of the Seattle Symphony arranged The Cuban Overture by Gershwin for harp and brass quintet. It was premiered by the Annapolis Brass and Heidi Lehwalder. I am to play it at the AHS Conference in Tacoma this summer. It might also work for a band!

Participant
    Saul Davis Zlatkovski on #150790

That sounds exciting. She did quite a few pieces with the Annapolis Brass, but I never knew all the repertoire.

Participant
    natalie-teodori on #150785

There is a composer in Austin, TX, who has recently added three works to the harp repertoire, the first of which is for harp and marimba. His name is Tim Rogers. The work is as yet unpublished but is really interesting and worth looking into.

patricia-jaeger on #150786

In the U.S. the best known professional duo of a mallet instrument with harp, is Beverly Colgan, harp, and Joe Venuto, Vibraphone. You can visit their site at http://www.harpandvibes.com, and see if there is published music available, that may be adaptable for harp and marimba.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.