harpcolumn

Harp Amplification

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Harp Amplification

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am seeking advice. Does anyone have experience with battery powered amplification? If so, which do you find the best?

unknown-user
    Participant

Carvin Stagemate – I have two of them, both with the available “effects” – they are extremely versatile with a four channel mixer for mikes or lines built in – the battery will last 3 hours on a charge or 1 1/2 if you add the extension speaker – I use separate bass and treble transducers in my harp and blend the sound through two of the channels – I’ve been using mine for over ten years regularly at both indoor and outdoor weddings and events – I have also found them to be very handy when playing in hotels, as I am often placed against a moveable wall in a ballroom where there is no power – also use it regularly at my restaurant job just to cover the area a little better –

onita-sanders
    Participant

I happen to use the battery operated Hot Spot. Holds a charge for up to 8 hours. Has a spot for the cannon head (3 prong mike cord) as well as a 1/4in for transducer mikes. Has controls for high , medium, and low ranges. Have also used this as a selling point when doing outdoor weddings. Carry a mike stand for the minister and I use the 1/4in mike hook up for my self. Weighs about 10 pounds.

Onita Sanders

Jessica A
    Participant

A wireless mic will let you and the amp be separated by a lot of distance, when necessary.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies