harpcolumn

Happy Holidays

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Happy Holidays

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    deb-l
    Participant

hope your days are filled with family, friends, song and good food!

barbara-brundage
    Participant

You, too, Deb, and everyone here!

Ken H.
    Participant

Merry Christmas! And have a Happy New Year!

armande-fryatt
    Participant

Have a very harpy Christmas everyone! x

rod-wagoner
    Participant

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Deb.

Owosso Harpist
    Participant

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Deb!

Owosso Harpist
    Participant

And everyone else, too.

deb-l
    Participant

I had a harpy Christmas, hope everyone else did too.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

After a fashion I did. I got a CD with the one and only lute and harp version of the Handel B-flat concerto (Desmond Dupre, lute; Osian Ellis, harp) on it. This is so hard to find that many harpists have never heard of it.

We spent Christmas Eve, which is the big day in our family, with my aunt and her boyfriend, who moved from New York into a retirement home down here a few months ago. My New Beetle is a bit small to be transporting harps, so I brought a bowed psaltery to sing carols with and German baked goods.

Three harp CDs I received this Christmas are special joys: one by a Puerto Rican harpist with some of my carol

Donna O
    Participant

I got Park Stickney’s CD, Still LIfe.

deb-l
    Participant

sounds like everyone had a wonderful Christmas, enjoy the rest of the holiday week.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

The bowed psaltery is what I take along when I have a space problem. I don’t play it otherwise, but then it’s strictly a melody instrument. (Some people add chords by laying the psaltery flat and playing with two bows.) It’s not an early instrument, BTW. It shares only the name with the mediaeval instrument. It was invented by a German music teacher in the twentieth century and it has a zithery sound.

I can’t afford more than one harp or I would try an ancient Irish/Scottish style harp. It wouldn’t do for my only harp.

deb-l
    Participant

yes you are right, not an early instrument, thanks for correcting me.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.