column

Graded Sequence of Harp Music?

Home Forums Teaching the Harp Graded Sequence of Harp Music?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Where could I find a graded sequence of difficulty for composers such as Grandjany, Hasselmans, and so on? I’m interested in the order in which a typical student would learn particular works for each composer. Thanks!

unknown-user
    Participant

Lyon & Healy once published a booklet on using the troubador harp and one of its strong points was a graded list of repertoire. Many French editions have a grading number on the edition, found on the back cover where they list titles. However, each student seems to be a bit different, so it’s not like baking a cake. It’s very hard to grade pieces.

carl-swanson
    Participant

There are a number of grading lists out there. Someplace I’ve got several of them. But I agree with Saul. When I looked over those lists I felt that many of the pieces were in the wrong place. So if you find such a list, take it as a general idea of what the level of each piece is and be prepared to move some things around to suit your particular technical level. Any piece is difficult if you don’t have the technical underpinnings required to play it. So what is difficult for one student at a particular level will not be as difficult for another.

zoraida-avila
    Participant

Ann,

10 Ans avec la Harpe

edited by Cite de la Musique < Paris

There is a very long list of technical, solo and ensemble works

for each grade of difficulty.

Look at

http://www.cite-musique.fr

ande search Documentation & Publications

Zoraida

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.