harpcolumn

Grade 6 ABRSM study

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Young Harpists Grade 6 ABRSM study

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Louis Venus

Hello

Can anyone advise me of a nice grade 6 study please
    I have the list but there is nothing on Youtube I can listen to and the pieces are all in different books
    Any help much appreciated
    thanks
    Emilylou

I don’t have the ABRSM course list, but I do have the 2011 Manual of Syllabuses published by the Australian Music Examinations Board Ltd. The Harp Grade 6 Studies might be somewhat similar; you could even ask if they would be allowed. Besides several

Louis Venus

Many thanks Patricia, this is Emily’s mum, I am just going to get a cup of tea and start ploughing through all your info you sent! A lovely lady at Pilgrim harps UK said the Pozolli Grade 6 study was nice aswel
    Thanks again

Tacye
    Participant

I have the Pozolli and Dizi.

Gianna Williams
    Participant

I’m also studying for ABRSM and could do with points on how fast scales have to be played! I’m studying from abroad and both me and my teacher are unsure how fast they need to be. Can anyone give me a clue? The ABRSM book doesn’t give any indication of a minimum speed. Many thanks!

Gianna Williams
    Participant

Forgot to say, Grade six!

Gianna, ABRSM Publishes a leaflet online called “These Music Exams”.On page 31 it gives the minimum Grade 6 speeds for scales (half-note equals MM seventy-six) and arpeggios and broken chords (half-note equals MM 50) for piano. No listing is given for harp. In the free

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.