harpcolumn

Good bye Everybody (Basel)

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Good bye Everybody (Basel)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mr-s

Hello My friends Harpists , do you remember me ? I am Basel ,I did pass a very hard 3 years that no one can imagine 3 years of fear, death art ou d and Destruction , in these 3 years I had lost a lot , my whole life that I used to live happily with my family , My great Hotel gig with all of its sweet memories , our big house with its warmness and beauty , and keep loosing , my old father and mother will leave to USA and I will be unable more to see them , as I can’t get the visa , I will risk my life and find an exit out of that all , I may stay alive may not , the war and fighting took every thing sweet was in my life , I was obliged to give up my lovely second Harp and sell it , and now as I am travelling don’t know where , I will be obliged to leave my first Harp with every thing related to the Harp the big music score library and Cds , do you remember the story my first Harp and how I was gifted it from God by Carl Swanson , I prayed not to lose my 1st Harp and my music but I can’t take anything with me I will leave all the richness I lived and go with only one T – Shirt and a Short and a slippers that’s all I will take from my life , I will stay love every one here who was very kind to me before I will never forget the Harp column and the American harp community , Good bye my friends Good bye .

sincerely yours Basel

emma-graham
    Participant

Basel, I know you may never read this but I am praying with all my heart that you find a way out.
    All my love and prayers go with you. One day you will see your family again and you will play again and there will once more be light helping to end the memories of these dark days.
    God speed Basel. xxxx

eliza-morrison
    Participant

Dear Basel,
    I hope that by now you have been in touch with Carl’s niece. I am praying that you will make your way to a safer place, where I am sure you will find loving support as you get established in a new and different life. You have made many friends here, and I believe I can speak for many of us when I say that we appreciate your kindness, your humanity, your ability to be lovingly concerned for others even in the midst of the horrors you have been forced to endure. Though you feel isolated, the friendship, love and prayers of many are with you every moment, every day. I cannot improve upon what Emma said, above. I can only echo it. You are appreciated and loved. Godspeed, dear Basel.

David Ice
    Participant

You are in my most fervent thoughts and prayers. And you have the entire harp community behind you. You are loved, you are wanted, and we care about you! Godspeed.

Sherj DeSantis
    Participant

And my prayers as well Basel. Stay safe. You are always in my thoughts.

kay-lister

God be with you Basel! When you are able, please let us know how and where you are. My prayers are with you and your family that you will see each other again.

Kay

Basel, if it is possible, you should contact a reliable place such as Morley Harps in London, or Lyon & Healy in Germany, to see if they can store your harp and music for you until you land in a stable situation. To leave them behind is a waste, and will they be used by anyone? I’m sure someone would like to help you, I would hope so. If not that, send them to where your parents go and they can be later sent back to you. Have faith in the future.

catherine-rogers
    Participant

Dear Basel, keeping you and your family in my prayers always. Be safe. Please try to keep in touch. Do not worry, there is a harp in your future.

Bonnie Shaljean
    Participant

One thing you *can* carry with you is all our good wishes, hopes and prayers that you find safe harbour, and can somehow be reunited with your family and your beloved harp. You’re never far from our thoughts, dear Basel. God speed until you are able to say Hello again.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.