GoFundMe for my first pedal harp

• Participant
    heather monahan on #198254

Hey all! I recently started a campaign to help me buy my first pedal harp so I can go to college with harp. I’ve been playing for ten years now and have a lot of money saved already. I just need a little bit of help getting there.

Here’s the link to my GoFundMe:

http://www.gofundme.com/heathers-pedal-harp<span style=”color: #212528; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10.5px; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);”>
    </span>

Theres a video of me playing Bernard Andrès’ Danses D’Automne number four on it.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

-Heather Monahan

Participant
    paul-knoke on #198261

Have you checked with the schools to which you have applied or plan on applying to make sure the Clio will be adequate? Some music schools will want you to have a semi-grand or concert grand harp as a performance major.

Participant
    Sylvia on #198262

The college has harps to practice on.  You won’t need to take one.  I didn’t own a harp until after I left college.  Then I worked nights in a nursing home to buy one….financed thru Lyon-Healy.

Participant
    Elizabeth Volpé Bligh on #198311

Most college dormitories don’t allow practising, so you would have to practise in a music school room anyway. You are better off to save your money and buy a good harp when you graduate. There are some excellent deals on second-hand harps, too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.