harpcolumn

gift ideas

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break gift ideas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Alison Reese
    Keymaster

What’s the best (or worst) harp-related gift you’ve ever received? What’s on your wish list for the holidays this year?

Sherj DeSantis
    Participant

I love gift certificates to harp centers. Most of my family and friends wouldn’t know what to buy me harp related. I look forward to Vanderbilt Music’s string sale and frequently use a gift certificate to purchase new strings. One of the gifts I enjoyed giving the most was to my teacher. I made her a bracelet of beaded shamrocks with black and gold trim. Remember old fashioned, hand written thank you cards? She gave me one for the bracelet and it meant a lot to me, so I saved it. Someday, I will make that same bracelet for myself. My husband has also bought me extra harp lessons as a gift. Is it possible to give a bad harp related gift????????? Sherj

kay-lister

Hmmmm, my wish list . . . how about a DHC electric harp? Yep, that should fit in the stocking pretty well 😉

frank-pianki
    Participant

So when does Vanderbilt have their string sale? I want to be ready!!!

Sherj DeSantis
    Participant

As I recall, after Thanksgiving, and before Christmas. It seems to go on about all month. I’m sure if you e-mail them, they will give you a better idea. They are nice people and eager to assist you. I have gotten an e-mail in the past telling me it was on. Sherj

helen-gerhold
    Participant

The best: My amazing Harpo Harp Cart! I’m in love with it!

eliza-morrison
    Participant

I’ve received my share of harp jewelry, harp stationery, harp Christmas ornaments, harp t-shirts, etc. None of them are my cup of tea, though I appreciate the generosity and thoughtfulness of the giver. Much more practical, and much more needed and wanted, would be a gift certificate for strings, or a cool ergonomic tuner, or an offer to babysit for a couple of hours so that I can practice!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.