harpcolumn

French Harp Repertoire

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists French Harp Repertoire

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am looking for French harp pieces composed specifically between 1909 and 1920. I know Salzedo’s oeuvre of that period, but have only found a few by other composers. The editions I have of Tournier and Renie mostly have no dates. I don’t have anything of Grandjany from those years. I would appreciate suggestions of solo, chamber or concerto pieces. I don’t think my book on Grandjany has

carl-swanson
    Participant

Saul- A great deal of that period-1914 to 1918- was overshadowed by WWI. Tournier fought in the first world war, so that’s the principal reason he wasn’t composing then. But the rest of France at that time was going through real hardship, and I’m sure music publishing was not high on anybody’s list.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Well, one that comes to mind is the Samuel Rousseau ‘Variations Pastorales’.

Tacye
    Participant

I asked copac for music published in Paris in the 1910s and 20s- it works by decade.

Thank you all! I assume Copac is a kind of universal library catalog? There’s a lot there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies