column

Fratello Sole, Sorella Luna

Home Forums Repertoire Fratello Sole, Sorella Luna

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gretchen Cover
    Participant

I was asked by a college student home for the summer to play violin/harp duets. In searching for music, I found on youtube a harp/flute and harp/violin video of Fratello Sole, Sorella Luna. I cannot find the music anywhere in any form on any sheet music site. Does anyone know who publishes this piece or where to buy it? Many thanks.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Well, that’s the name of the Zeffirelli movie about St. Francis. Maybe if you look for “Brother Sun, Sister Moon” since the film was, I think, in English originally? I’m guessing it’s the main song from the film–got a link?

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

I’ll try that again. When I checked Musicnotes.com with the English name, I got the song Brother Sun, Sister Moon written by Donovan, and I never checked further. Yes, it is the theme song of the movie with the same name. Thank you for the suggestion.

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Ok, I figured this out. All the youtube videos of this song are in Italian and I thought a particular singer was the song writer. But in fact, it is Donovan who wrote the theme song. Thank you Barbara, for getting me redirected.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.