harpcolumn

Flat Rolling Dolly

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Flat Rolling Dolly

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    brook-boddie
    Participant

I play in a hospice regularly and am trying to find an easy way to move my harp from room to room without using a standard harp dolly.

stan-guy
    Participant

Hi, Brook —

m-l-mcneel
    Participant

Stan,

You’re right.

joann-buice
    Participant

Brook, I play every week at a hospital and have built a platform that fits my harp,

Any flat, ordinary dolly could be used. However, having the harp elevated is dangerous, they can easily tip over off of a dolly, so you must have your hands on it at all times. They are easy to use, but you must be very careful with them.

Tristan Adair
    Participant

Hello,

I worked fulltime in a residential hospice for 5 years and after suffering wrist pain from carrying my harp around, had to figure this one out. Of course it all depends on your harp and its size. I used a rolling secretary’s chair with a well padded back and seat and put the harp on its back onto the seat, and would roll from room to room. I used a little backback attached to the back of the chairback for my tuner, wrench, etc. I could wheel into the room, easily put the harp on its feet, and sit down on the secretary chair, ready to go in seconds. I use a Musicmaker’s Gothic 31 but currently use a small harp driving, out in the community. This chair was my regular office chair from my cubicle there, so you may want to ask someone at the hospice for a rolling chair of your own, or borrow each time you are there. My carpel tunnel healed.

Tristan Adair
    Participant

Hi Joann, I would love to see a picture of this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.