harpcolumn

First Wire Harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists First Wire Harp

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

thankyou!!

good luck 🙂

hope to meet you soon on the Yahoowireharpgroup too, there are a few beginners there, I am one of them, and really am enjoying the wireharp!
    We get a lot of help from Cynthia Cathcart, Audrey, and all the others there, it’s really wonderful! And I got a very nice message from Muis Dreamsinger when a friend of mine was looking for a harp. He is very helpful in finding ways to get you your harp as cheap as possible in sending it to you!
    wish you lots of luck in finding your “dream-“harp 🙂

HBrock25
    Keymaster

Hello,

I just joined and found your post.

hannah-roberts
    Participant

Just an update – I have bought the Limerick and love it! The upper registers are steel and the lower registers brass wound. Right now I’m working with Cynthia Cathcart and Simon Chadwick’s tutor books. Some of my repertoire transfers and some doesn’t.
    I’m planning to do some Skype lessons with Simon, who says fingertip style sounds very nice with Irish Baroque repertoire. I’m always an optimist, so I may look into that hoof protein nail polish to try and grow my nails but if not, I was relieved to hear from a historical wire harper that playing with the fingertips is just fine. It sounds nice to my ear – not as ringing, but that means less damping, too. A frequent question I hear is does playing with my fingertips on steel strings hurt and for me, no, maybe because I grew massive calluses each week on my teacher’s high-tensioned Ogden. Playing loud scales on that thing seriously lowered my pain threshold.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.