harpcolumn

First Wedding

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists First Wedding

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Connie Browning
    Participant

I played my first wedding this weekend. My instructor had been telling me for a couple of years that I was ready…but I still get very nervous playing my harp. I followed a slightly revised version of a suggestion that I read on harpcolumn board a while back-that suggestion was sharing the music duties by playing only the processional and recessional and having the pianist or organist play the prelude. I was a church organist/pianist for several years before taking up the harp and am more comfortable on piano still. So I played the prelude on the harp and then moved to the piano for the entrance of the mothers, bridesmaids and bride’s entrance and the recessional. My daughter plays viola so we played Jesu Joy of Man’s Desiring for the Bridesmaids and Canon in D duet for the bride. I wish I could remember who suggested breaking up the music-I would say thank you!

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

You know what they say – you never forget your first time! Sounds like it was not only successful, but fun. Good job!

unknown-user
    Participant

That’s great Connie, I’m glad to hear it went well!

~ Monika

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies