harpcolumn

First Harp – help me decide

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists First Harp – help me decide

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    HBrock25
    Keymaster

Hello, I had my first harp lesson yesterday and I absolutely loved it.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

I vote for Harp 2. It goes down to 2 octaves below middle C and it has more and better sharping levers.

Thanks Jessica, appreciate the input, unfortunatly I have found out that Harp 2 has a crack in it, thereby I am uncomfortable with shelling out that much money on a new hobby, so I will go with the 26 string Evenson for now and then if my lessons progress as well as I like, I can invest in a more expensive harp then and have a better frame of reference.

shelby-m
    Participant

There is another option.

j-valentine
    Participant

I would also agree with Shelby. I have the Ravenna34 and I love it. I would encourage you to get a 34 string or more.

A. Riley
    Participant

You might also take a look at Blevins harps (www.blevinsharps.com). I’m saving up for a Consort 36, myself.

Isn’t it just the greatest feeling, to make music on a harp? I’ve been taking lessons for just a few months and I fall more in love with it every day. Congratulations!!

priscilla-kleiner
    Participant

I have had a Blevins Consort 36 for a bit over a year now. I love my harp! Priscilla

jessica-wolff
    Participant

I got to try the Ravenna and thought it had a pretty good sound. The only thing I objected to was that you had to either stick it up on something or shoot out a thingy to turn it into the equivalent of a floor harp. I also didn’t like the look of blond wood combined with a black body, but it also comes in all-black, dark-green, or dark-red finish. Which cost more; nevertheless, good value.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.