harpcolumn

Fiddler on the Roof for solo harp?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Fiddler on the Roof for solo harp?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    richard-ratner
    Participant

My cousin’s son is getting married next Sunday and asked me if I knew of any arrangements available for solo harp of songs from Fiddler on the Roof. Can anyone help?

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Angie Bemiss has an arrangement for “Sunrise, Sunset” in her book Unforgettable Theatre Treasures available at Melody Folk Harp http://www.folkharp.com. You may be able to get it as a single copy if you contact Angie Bemiss. Her book is good to have for gigs.

Ann
    Participant

If you have a Kindle app and an amazon.com account you can instantly buy the digital version of “100 Best Loved Piano Solos / Big Note (Big Note Piano Solos)” [Kindle Edition] with arrangements by Robert Schultz for $9.99.
    This book contains several pieces from “Fiddler”, including
    Matchmaker, Sabbath Prayer, Sunrise,Sunset, To Life, and Tradition,
    in big-note easy piano arrangements which unfortunately do NOT include lyrics or chord symbols. These arrangements are not quickly adaptable to lever harp because of numerous accidentals, but could be adapted for pedal harp by a non-beginner harpist.

Ann
    Participant

richard-ratner
    Participant

Thank you!

Alison
    Participant

So “If I were a Rich Man” isn’t featured ? It used to annoy me but now I like it although it’s probably too chromatic, like Take 5, but it might be fun to include it in a medley, I’ll try to play it by ear on the piano first……

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies