harpcolumn

Feedback wanted on Triplett Celtic II S or Catalina Deluxe S

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Feedback wanted on Triplett Celtic II S or Catalina Deluxe S

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dennis McKenzie
    Participant

I am looking for feedback on the mentioned harps by Triplett. They told me the Catalina Deluxe with staved back was the same as the Celtic IIS only just a bit taller which they said would be good for my 6′ tall frame. Both are at the same price point. I love the hard edge lines of the Celtic IIS. how a harp looks is very very important to me. I am a studio potter and deal in the shape of pots every day and the Celtic IIS moves me with its high neck extending over the piller. I down loaded the sound of the harp to my ipod and played it on my very good sound system. The track was about 90 sec. long which gave a good sample of the sound and it was wonderfull! Full and rich and even across the 34 strings. I

Leigh Griffith
    Participant

Hi Dennis,

I can’t address the two harps in particular except to say that I have heard a Celtic II and a Signature as well as my own Sierra. They all had their own distinctive

Hi Dennis,
    I own the Catalina Deluxe and play on the Celtic owned by a friend at weekly sessions. The Catalina is more comfortable for taller people, and the stave back really makes the harp comfortable. Bubinga wood really helps with tone which, to me, is of utmost importance. It is important to note that no two harps sound the same. Two Catalinas built exactly the same will have two different sounds. If you are able, try out a harp before you buy it, and don’t buy a harp that doesn’t move you inside. The abalone and other acoutrements are nice….but in the end…it’s the sound that matters..

Hi There

The Catalina S has a wonderful rich tone – you dont even have to work hard to get a fantastic sound – I sell them here in the UK and played one at a wedding last week and it was joy to play!!

Good Luck

Helen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.