harpcolumn

favorite warm-ups

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists favorite warm-ups

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

Anyone have warm-ups they recommend for advanced players?

tony-morosco
    Participant

I typically warm up with Salzedo’s Conditioning Exercises. It is what my teacher always had me use from day one and I still use them.

Sylvia Clark

Salzedo’s Conditioning Exercises- only the first 7, played both hands at once, followed by a few

joan-steinberg
    Participant

I’ve always used the first 4 or 5 of Salzedo’s

Ed. Lariviere Studies, Opus 9.

barbara-kraichy–2
    Participant

I use scales both hands doubled. Then in harmony starting out two notes with the right hand then joining in with the left hand. I start the scales in c and then do them through the various keys. c, g, d etc. (circle of fifths) up and down. Next I do a few four finger chords broken. You don’t need music to do that and it’s a quick and efficient way of warming up.

Salzedo’s solo arrangement of Wagner’s Magic Fire Music.

I do several versions of scales with the metronome on, and increase the speed to the point where I am challenging myself. I throw in some chord inversions, hand-over-hand arpeggios, Salzedo’s Conditioning Exercises, one-handed arpeggios, then if I have time, I’ll open up Larivière at a random page. I also use bits of tricky orchestra parts or concertos as warm-ups sometimes.

faith-lewis–2
    Participant

Another great

Flight. Need I say more?

Sylvia Clark

Ooops.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies