harpcolumn

Favorite lever hymns?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Favorite lever hymns?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I’ve really been enjoying learning Frank Voltz’s Sweet Hour of Prayer and Ray Pool’s Six Celtic Hymns.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

I absolutely love the Irish hymn “Mo Ghrasa, Mo Dhia” (you’ll have to imagine the correct accent on the “a” in “ghrasa,” since this forum script doesn’t support it).

I took me a while to find it but I was able to listen to a sound sample on iTunes and it looks like the music is in the celtic fake book.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hi Jennifer!

Thanks for asking!

Thanks!

alice-freeman
    Spectator

Is “The Call” that Harper Tasche played the same tune as the one written by Michael (Misha) O’Hanlan?

It’s Vaughan Williams.

You could look at the collection of 21 traditional, rather than contemporary hymns, that comes with a CD (harp part performed by Danielle Perrett of London)enclosed with all of them in order, played twice. Publisher is Herald Music, title is “Familiar Hymns With a Friend”, and no change of levers are needed once each hymn is started. Arranged my myself, and available from most major harp music dealers in the U.S., Australia, England, and Germany. Solo flute with accompaniment works fine, or if you want to add 2nd flute, viola, and cello, the parts are all there and it will be more full.

kay-lister

Rhett Barnwell’s “It is Well With My Soul”

I’ve heard good things about his stuff but haven’t had the chance to look at it.

Jennifer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies