harpcolumn

favorite Christmas sheet music

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break favorite Christmas sheet music

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    deb-l
    Participant

does anyone have favorite Christmas sheet music arrangements to share?

Amber M
    Participant

I really like playing through Sunita Stanislows Christmas Eve book

j-valentine
    Participant

My favorites for Christmas this year are all in the following books.

Christmas Present by Whitney Dobyns (I ordered her CD from her which helped)

Peaceful Christmas by Joanna Mell

Christmas Eve by Sunita Staneslow

catherine-rogers
    Participant

There are many but one of the best is Ray Pool’s “Winter Wonderland.” One of the best arrangements ever for harp of “The Christmas Song” plus “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” and “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” and many more. An indispensable book every year. Sure beats trying to use the original piano music!

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Another very large vote for Whitney Dobbins with one MAJOR caution. Unless you are a really solid rhythm reader, you really can’t do these lovely gems justice.

You may be able to play them by listening to the CD, but in my opinion they have to be executed with a strong feeling for the wonderful interchanges of traditional melodies and imaginitive and unexpected rhythms for them to really be at their best.

At first look, they may appear easy, but don’t be fooled.

I just love these pieces!

deb-l
    Participant

I listened to some sound clips of the Whitney Dobbins CD and this looks very rewarding, the left hand rhythms add a lot of interest.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies