harpcolumn

Fake it until you become it

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Performing Fake it until you become it

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Because I cannot practice due to my injured finger, I have lots of time to catch up on reading, etc. I encourage everyone, especially those who deal with stage fright or just lack of confidence in his/her playing, to read Emily Granger’s blog “Fake it until you become it.” She features a TED talk by Amy Cuddy about body language and using “power poses” to gain confidence and change stress hormones.

Andelin
    Participant

I just watched the TED talks video she posted. It was great! I’m going to ask my 13 year old to watch it. :). I bet Amy Cuddy is an amazing person…more to her than you see from the video.

Emily Granger
    Participant

Gretchen, Thanks for sharing this! I’m so glad both you and Andelin enjoyed it. Seriously life changing! I hope more harpists watch this and are able to share with more and more. I would also love to hear from you about your favorite inspirations: books, podcasts, videos, etc!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.