harpcolumn

Exercises for arpeggios

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums How To Play Exercises for arpeggios

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Placing is the cure for buzzing. Even finger action is the source of evenness. Take lessons more often. Talk to your teacher first and foremost. It is unfair to your teacher to go to all sorts of strangers for advice.

Hannah White
    Participant

Here are a few tips for you! Be sure to keep your hands very relaxed. Try to play them fast and quiet too.
    http://youtu.be/8qFknWvNkaY

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Hannah,

What a superb video about learning arppeggios. You did a fantastic job explaining and demonstrating how to play them. Thanks for taking the time to make the video.

Angela Biggs

As a voice teacher, Saul, I agree with you — it isn’t fair to the teacher.

But as a harper, I found this thread most illuminating. I don’t have a teacher because there simply aren’t any here, so this forum is my best resource. One of my goals this year is to attain a lickety-split, even arpeggio across the span of my instrument, so thanks for your question, Loon. 🙂

Hannah White
    Participant

Gretchen,
    Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. I am hoping to make more videos like this.

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Hannah,

I hope at some point you will be a harp teacher. You would be excellent. If you haven’t seen Josh Layne’s Harp Tuesday on youtube and his website, you might want to take a look at what he has produced. I look forward to watching more of your harp videos.

Hannah White
    Participant

Gretchen,
    I just recently found Josh Layne. He has some great stuff out on youtube!
    I am currently teaching and am trying to acquire more students. But it seems that harp isn’t as popular as it should be;) Here is my newest video http://youtu.be/cpGNSvTENoI

Enjoy!

Loonatik

Just an update to the topic. Problem seems to have been solved after a couple of lessons.

What helped was the exercise with the unnatural rhythm, still don’t understand how but it did help.
    Another help provided by my teacher is the focus of stronger first finger placement on the string with every change of hand.

It’s some sort of ‘pivoting’ action… can’t really describe it well with words. That might have been a correction in my playing, but it certainly has helped me a great lot.

zoraida-avila
    Participant

This is an old thread… but, I can recommend you the Gabriella Consolini exercises son scales and arpeggios. Very useful!
    Good luck!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.