harpcolumn

Enescu Symphony #1

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Enescu Symphony #1

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Our orchestra is performing Enescu’s Symphony #1 for the very first time. It has two very difficult harp parts. If you see this on your orchestra’s program, be sure to get the music at least 3 weeks early, because there are a lot of notes to learn and absorb into your fingers. The finale movement is very fast, though not too exposed., and the counting is very tricky. Many of the rehearsal numbers make no sense (halfway through phrases, or at the ends of phrases instead of the beginning). However, it is a beautiful piece and well worth the effort. We are actually really enjoying it now.

Alison
    Participant

Well, it takes time to get into it, it didn’t really agree with my ears to begin with very east European without the subtleties of Bartok and I remembering hearing the opening trills in Harp I when I was playing Harp II . It sometimes gets an outing on the radio.

MusikFind1
    Participant

Score and parts are for sale in the U.S., Canada, China, Japan, Korea. Exact reprint of the Enoch publication. No corrections or changes have been made to this reprint.

https://www.emsmusic.com/product_p/emsg26170.htm

ENESCO, Georges (1881-1955) – Symphony in E-flat, Op. 13. Pub. EDWIN F. KALMUS

EMS191878 extra Harp I and II – A5762       $12.50

Under copyright in the EU. Parts on rental from ENOCH & CIE .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.