column

Electric Harps

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Electric Harps

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Everyone,

I’m thinking about investing in a electric lever harp from Camac. Has anyone tried the camac electric harps or others? How is the sound for you?

All the best,
    Liz

kay-lister

OHHHHHHHHH, I will be SOOOOOOOOOOO jealous if you get a DHC!!!!!!!!!!!! To me, it’s the BEST!!!!!!!! It’s DEFINITELY my next harp.

Kay

Anonymous
    Inactive

Haha! I listened to sound of it on youtube. I like the tone.

Hi Elizabeth,

I own a Camac Mini Blue since this year and although this specific model is a pedal harp, the electric pickup system is the same as the DHC lever harp by Camac. The only difference technically is the output configuration; on the Blue type you have 4 outputs (bass, mid, treble and soundboard) for enhanced tone control possibilities, whereas the DHC light only has 1 output.

But I can tell you the pickup system sounds great! I can definitely recommend it.

emma-graham
    Participant

Deborah Henson-Conant has some really useful information about the various different makes/types of harps on her website. She explains the differences here:

http://www.hipharp.com/faqs/faqtech.htm

Her book “A Gurls Guide to Amplification” is a must read. I’m just taking my first faltering baby steps into amplifying my harps (simple pick up and small amp). I’m already hooked and I think I may have to leave my credit card at home when I go to the WHC in Sydney next month or I might come home with an electric harp. They are cabin size right?!!

My teacher has an electric Atlantide, and I got to play with it a bunch. It is absolutely WONDERFUL.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oooooo wow. The electric harp and harps with the pick up and amp, sounds glorious! I am totally convinced. I would love to invest in an electric lever harp, but I can look into getting a pick up with a small amp. I can see how that would be incredible!

I think this may help my harp in my church, when the Christmas’ masses are completely packed! 🙂

Victoria
    Participant

Two of my harpist friends own a Camac electric and they are wonderful. Looks cool, definitely easier to transport and great if you’re playing with a band…don’t have to worry about not being heard.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.