Dorothy Remsen

• Keymaster
    HBrock25 on #149336

Dear Friends,

It is with great sadness that I forward the following message to you from Eric and Lana Remsen:

It is with sorrow that we report that Dorothy Remsen passed away on 10/5/2010 at 5:00 PM, PDT.

We had just returned from our most recent trip together. She passed quickly, without pain or suffering, and with great dignity. No services are currently planned; it was her desire to be cremated without ceremony. Some organizations have expressed a desire to honor her memory with events of their own, and we are happy to participate and/or provide information.

Our hearts go out to the many people who knew her and loved her. She will be missed.

Sincerely,

Eric & Lana

Dorothy Remsen was greatly loved for all that she did for the American Harp Society, Inc., and for her colleagues, friends, and students. She will be greatly missed. Go in peace, Dorothy.

Delaine Fedson
    President, American Harp Society, Inc.

Participant
    David Ice on #149337

Dear Delaine,

I’m totally shocked and saddened beyond words.

Participant
    carl-swanson on #149338

David- I’m in total agreement with you. She was one of the magnificent three that played Hollywood studios for decades. She can be heard on hundreds if not thousands of movie soundtracks. She was also completely down to earth, very funny, and altruistic. What she gave to the American Harp Society and the American harp world cannot be measured.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.